Aquajet Systems Introduces Specialized Training Academy
Published: 13/7, 2018
Aquajet Systems Introduces Specialized Training Academy to North America
Aquajet Systems AB provides North American operators advanced training in the use of hydrodemolition through its new Aquajet Academy. The six-step training program covers aspects from streamlining work to cutting-edge techniques, allowing operators to increase jobsite efficiency and safety. Aquajet Systems specialists host the Academy program periodically throughout the year.
“We’ve always offered product training to ensure ease of use, but on a smaller scale,” says Roger Simonsson, Aquajet Systems AB managing director. “This program helps hydrodemolition operators increase their bottom line by using the equipment, and accompanying attachments, to the fullest extent.”
The training program incorporates individual courses offering more extensive training and adaptation to each customer’s knowledge and experience:
* Products: During the two-day course operators get to know their hydrodemolition machine from the inside out. The practical portion gives operators hands-on experience setting up and maneuvering the machine while the theoretical course includes a deep overview of the operations manual.
* Hydrodemolition: The two-day course focuses on the concrete removal process. Operators will explore the robot’s various programable settings, learn how to enhance precision and efficiency, and improve jobsite safety.
* Streamlining Work: Aquajet instructors spend two days at a customer’s jobsite, adapting training to suit the contractor’s specific line of work.
* Safety and Technique: Often referred to as the most important part of the training program, this one-day course educates operators on the power and risks of the highly pressurized water used in hydrodemolition. It provides tips on how to best calculate pressure, flow, and reaction force, as well as techniques for safe and efficient operations.
* Service: Operators spend a full day learning how to maintain and adjust the robot’s components to ensure equipment longevity.
* Train the Trainer: This three-day course makes prepares students to become certified Aquajet instructors, with the capability and knowledge to hold courses on their own. Participants must be a distributor or customer of Aquajet, with at least one year of experience and obtain the required licenses.
Aquajet maintains small class sizes during each course, teaching approximately five students at a time to ensure a high level of individual attention and support. The course can also be adapted to specific operator skill levels and experience. For novice students, instructors will explain hydrodemolition basics before diving into the functionality of the Aqua Cutter robots. Skilled operators learn new techniques and specific settings that heighten efficiency.